Guest Blogger: Happy Friday, Indeed.
William here, guest blogging to recap our weekend without mom. That's right, Sarah took off last Friday for a no-kids-no-waking-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-no-bottle-making-no-diaper-changing weekend to host a baby shower in Pensacola for our friends Robert and Darby Scott and Ed and Forrest Faulkner. (Congrats friends, from me and Sebastian!)
The girls were obviously very sad to see her go.
There's a saying, "Poor Planning Produces Poor Performance." Well, since this was my first weekend alone with both girls, poor performance wasn't an option...for my or Sarah's sake. So, to make sure things went as smoothly as possible, I called in back up: both of my parents and my sister-in-law, Laura, agreed to come over for the weekend. And, while I am 90% convinced I could have survived the weekend without them, I am 100% convinced that it was much more enjoyable for the girls, and for me, with them here.
So, what does a "single" dad do with two girls under the age of two for an entire weekend. Well....
....naturally, we (and Elmo) bounced on the new trampoline that uncles and aunts Jeff, Jen, Nate, and Laura gave to Sydney for her birthday (BIG SHOUT OUT to Mom and Dad for staying up with me until 11 p.m. Friday night to put it together)....
...we went for a bike ride around the neighborhood....
....we decided that ALL of our friends needed a little fresh air from the canvas bag they are stuffed in all day long...
...and we played at the park and got a terrific family--well, 2/3 family--picture.
Quick post script. One of the terrific things about kids is that you never know when they will say or do the funniest things. Just look at this great picture of mom laughing at Brooklyn. Wonder what prompted that...
...umm, Mom, what's that running down your pants leg?? Like I said, kids, they do the darnedest things.
We really had a great weekend, which was made all the better with the help of my parents and Laura. But, EVERYONE was glad to see Sarah's beautiful (and rested) face on Sunday. Until next time....




Awesome post! I talked to Chris all weekend about how it's totally my fault that I didn't give up any control to "let" him do more-- therefore, I've not had a kid free night for five years.
ReplyDeleteWe love your girls, all 3 of them- you did a great job!