Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Real World.

Getting back to everyday life - post vacation - takes a few days to adjust. The girls and I waved good bye to William on Monday morning as he left for work wearing dress clothes after more than a week of wearing shorts and flip flops. I ate lunch without my daily vacation glass of wine and missed my daily vacation nap dearly. Apparently Sydney needed a few days to adjust too because I've heard, "don't like (fill in the blank)" about a million times the last few days (i.e. "don't like bath time," "don't like this song," "don't like breakfast time," "don't like this shirt, it's too itchy"). Need I even mention the daily vacation babysitter?

After the aforementioned adjusting, it seems we are right back in the swing of things. Schedules, routines... Which leads me to our weekly grocery trip where the girls now insist on choosing the HUGE green car shopping cart with double steering wheels and very poor turning radius. 

Don't say you'll never use this shopping cart. I did and look at me now. 

And on another note, here's our independent stander. Maybe this is the reason she is eating us out of house and home. Grilled cheese, ravioli, spaghetti, cheese toast, chicken nuggets, you name it she will eat it! 

3 comments:

  1. I really wish the real world came with a daily glass of wine at lunchtime...

    I know you miss vacation - but we are glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this whole post. I think we should institute a weekly phone lunch date with accompanying glass of wine. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lois Anne said " hello little baby" as she looked at these pics w me, but sweet Bs not so little! Of course, I'd love a snuggle, but I can't wait to see how big she is!!
    I think we need a late afternoon playdate w beeritas!!

    Those grocery carts are awful to drive, watch that extra front piece- BUT, it does keep both kids contained and that's important.

    Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete