Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A bit of time travel.

William and I snuck away last Friday night and drove to Lineville, AL (arrival time 10:00pm) and spent the night at Nathan & Laura's place at SIFAT. We woke up early Saturday morning and drove forty-five minute to Cheaha State Park* to run a 10K trail run. William has been running every now and then on some of the trails around Birmingham to prepare. Me, you ask... not so much trail running was done to prepare. But I did it and finished with a pretty decent time (and pretty sore legs!). William finished with a great time (and also sore legs). 

The best part of the adventure was spending more than twelve childless hours with my best friend doing something we both love to do. A little blast from the past you might say. 


Before


 After

                                                *highest point in Alabama. 

And a HUGE thanks to G-Daddy and Nana Sue for coming to Birmingham to keep the girls!

3 comments:

  1. Y'all are the cutest best friends! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!!
    Chris and I are looking forward to our anniversary trip.

    Cheaha is like in the backdoor of where I grew up in DeArmanville, it's pretty huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proud of you two!
    Thanks for shutting our windows when you left.

    Come kayak with us.

    ReplyDelete